Photography Contest for the Princeton Seminary Community
Calling all photographers (budding, amateur, professional– whatever your skill set)! Continuing Education (ConEd) is hosting its 2nd photography contest. The goal of the contest is to choose photographs of the Seminary campus and the local area to decorate spaces across campus.
ConEd will accept entries from October 1, 2015 through February 1, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Who may enter?
Photographers affiliated with Princeton Theological Seminary community are eligible to enter. This includes students, faculty, staff, and alumnae of the Seminary and their spouses/immediate families.
Guidelines for entering
- Photographs must reflect the Princeton/Central Jersey region, including the Seminary campus, area attractions, street scenes, and landscapes. We respect and enjoy our neighboring academic institutions, however, for the sake of this contest, we discourage submissions of other recognizable campus photos in order to promote the uniqueness of the P.T.S. campus.
- Entries may be from any time period.
- Entries may be in color or black and white.
- Photographer entering contest may edit photographs.
- If a photograph includes the image of a person close up enough to be recognizable, the photographer must secure a model release form from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian, and provide it to ConEd.
- Photographs must be high resolution (no less than 240 dpi) and should be submitted in a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format. Files may not be larger than 2,048k (2Mb).
How to enter
Please submit photographs online through Dropbox or by mail to PTS 2015 Photo Contest, Continuing Education, 20 Library Place Princeton, NJ 08540.
By entering the contest, entrants grant ConEd royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other standard ConEd purposes. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. ConEd will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest and states that they are affiliated with Princeton Theological Seminary.
All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on February 1, 2015.
Judging will be conducted by a representative group of Seminary faculty, staff, and students. Winning photographs will be on display in the Erdman Center Art Gallery, and across campus and selected finalists will be hosted at a special reception.
The finalists will be notified by February 19, 2016. Please do not contact us about the status of entries.
If there are inquires about purchasing artwork, ConEd staff will direct the buyer to work directly with the photographer/artist to negotiate the terms of the offer. Princeton Seminary will not negotiate the offer nor will it receive a commission.
ConEd reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. Decisions of Continuing Education and the judges will be final.
For additional questions, call 609.497.7877 or email at coned@ptsem@edu